Volume Control with 2018 LG OLED 77" C8 with Magic Remote and AT&T U-Verse

• 5 October 2018
  • 2 replies

I ma not able to configure my stystem to control the volume of the Playbar using either the Uverse Remote or the 2018 LG Magic Remote. I have seen the response that the 2018 Magic remote does not have IR capability and that the only solution is to invest in a Sonos beam system. Seems like a very expensive solution after already investing in the Sonos Playbar. Surely there is some more economical solution then starting over. Please give me some options... is their a Sonos product that can take the non-optical audio output from the TV which is volume controlled and send it to the Playbar and Base?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I'm not sure where you saw the response that the only solution is to invest in a Beam. That wouldn't be the case.

Take a look at this:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3479?language=en_US

And even if that didn't work, you could easily get a multi device remote, Harmony as an example, which would be much less expensive than replacing an excellent PLAYBAR.
Since I was unable to activate the IR feature on the latest LG Magic Remoote for the C8 OLED 77" series, I was able to successfully manually program the Sonos code 23919 into the AT&T U-verse S-30 remote to control the volume of the Sonos PLAYPAR. This is a very workable and acceptable solution since the U-verse Remote is used 90% of the time anyway for controlling the channel changes. A bit of an inconvenience when using the LG Magic Remote for the other video services since a separate control is needed for the volume. But overall an o.k. solution.