Answered

Verizon 5G home internet connectivity issue

• 25 August 2023
  • 4 replies

My two Sonos FIVE speakers, and my MOVE worked flawlessly with Cox Internet. However, since I switched to Verizon 5G home internet, Sonos can't find or connect to my system. 

icon

Best answer by ratty 25 August 2023, 23:53

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Thanks for the note. Glad to hear that I'm not the only one experiencing this. I have a Deco mesh wifi system, which is awesome, but the connectivity issue remains. So don't spend the extra money.

I can't connect using an ethernet, as it's not practical.  And the whole point of both Sonos & Verizon was the lack of wires!

I'm going to write Sonos to, hopefully, address the issue.

CHEERS!

I have also been trying to set up my Sonos with a new Verizon 5G Home internet system.  I can get it to work but it is not stable. I have everything connected with ethernet except for two Move speakers. I have disabled WiFi on the wired ethernet devices.

One issue is that It looks like the iPhone Sonos app is sensitive to a week wifi signal and will loose the system because of that.  I am considering getting a signal extender for the Verizon router but hate to invest that money if that does not solve the problem.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Are you putting the phone and Sonos on the main WiFi and not the guest WiFi?

I think the Verizon router has a connected devices limit, you might check that.

https://support.sonos.com/en-gb/article/connect-sonos-to-a-new-router-or-wi-fi-network