User Interface

• 15 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Quick Gripe and Question: Let's say I own a small home and I have One sonos product. I set it up and personalize the system, music apps, voice, etc. I enjoy it and then after a year or so decide I need to upgrade. So then to get the most out of my situation I use the upgrade program, send in my old device and bring the new device home. We'll now the app won't allow me to set up the new device because it "can't detect my sonos system." So then the app says "did you change your wifi?" I say no so it starts looking for my offline sonos. But it can't find it because I don't have it anymore. So, whats the solution?!?! Reset the app and set up a new system! OK great! Easy fix! ... well not really because now I have to re set up all my music preferences, apps, voice assistant etc. 

This interface assumes that everyone using sonos will have multiple devices and will upgrade those one at a time. This just isn't the case. 

The account should be able to store locations (systems) and preferences for those locations rather than each location store that information and end up needing to be completely reset every time the system is dissolved for whatever reason.

Am I wrong???

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I don’t think so, other than there is no reason to send in your ‘old’ speaker, just keep it and use it somewhere else, which would give you a system to ‘connect’ to…but as you’ve laid it out, it seems like you’ve identified the failure point. 

And, for what it’s worth, Sonos has never used any ‘cloud’ storage for all the data you’re concerned about, it’s always been local on the speakers, likely so no one could ‘steal’ all that data.