"Unable to connect to Sonos player" error message

• 6 August 2017
  • 7 replies

I have three Play 1 speakers and one Play 5 speaker in my system. I have had no communication problems in the past with all 4 of them. Today, I cannot connect to one of my Play 1 speakers through my app on my iPhone. When I try to play music through it the error message "Unable to connect to Sonos player" appears. I CAN play music through my PC on this speaker. I have tried unplugging the speaker to reset the connection without success. Can someone guide me in the direction to fix this connection? I am on a Bridge connection, which I have also reset without success.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

been having he same problem with my Sonos ones, support have been next to useless trying to run me in circles! Only way I have got around it is to use a LAN connection from one of my Wi-Fi booster modules directly to one of the Sonos Ones, not a perfect solution for a wireless speaker. I still await support for a wireless solution
I have no bridge, just a booster, which loses connection every now and then. Strange...
Grazif- do you have the old set up which requires a bridge? If so, simply remove the bridge and start your set up over without it.
Please, I am facing the same problem: "unable to connect Sonos player". I´ve submitted suppert diagnostics as #8347247. Please, can somebody help?
Seriously??? It's been a month. We fixed the issue ourselves by removing the bridge.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Hello RPRice and Bft, thanks for reaching out to the Sonos community. We'd like to begin by getting a closer look at your Sonos system by gathering a diagnostic. To do so, follow the steps here and reply back with the number: https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/142
We're having the same problem here, and it's very frustrating. I'm thinking that maybe we need to take the bridge out of the equation and reset as a new system without it. Thoughts? We've tried everything else it seems..