Answered

two sonos set ups

• 8 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi , 

im hoping someone can help with this . About 5 years ago I brought my first Sonos speakers in my home and as you do keep adding to the list of new products. 

I recently set up a Sonos system in my garage which is about 100 yards from my back door and even further away from my router. I ran the cable around the side of the house and put a new box in the garage and connected to a new router. I set up the 5 and 2 x 1’s in the garage and use the app on my phone. I had to start up a new account to register these products. When I enter the house the router changes and loses all of the products in my home as I have been using a different router in the garage and reverts to the account in the garage and won’t let me sign in under the old account. 

is there a way I can link both speakers in garage and house to the same account to resolve this problem or some kind of booster that will link both sets of speakers given the distance between the house and garage. 

thanks

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 9 June 2021, 12:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Have you considered using an old phone that you aren’t using anymore and using it as the Sonos controller in your garage and keeping your primary phone as the controller for your house?

You might also consider setting up an Echo device in your garage so you can control the Sonos speakers using Alexa rather than having to use your phone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You should be able to “transfer ownership” to one account. All devices that are on the same network should be able to be in one household. You mentioning “routers” would mean a hick up: routers make their own network. Is there any chance the "router” in the garage can be made to function as a switch or access point? 

Thanks for your ideas. I’ve already set up the office on a different device, but will be looking at the routers advise.

Thanks again

Harvey