Answered

Two houses, connected via VPN, different WiFi networks.

• 19 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Ok, so I’ve seen the posts about people trying to have a single system across two houses, and that’s NOT what I’m trying to do here.  I have two houses, they are connected via a Site to Site VPN to be able to access things like my wireless controller, and network management system.  I have two Sonos systems, one in each house.  Both houses have different WiFi networks and use different subnets.

I had Sonos set up and working in House #1 a year ago, and just added it to House #2.  On the device I used to set up Sonos on the new house, all I see is the new house system.  But on any other device logged into the same Sonos account, all they see is the Sonos system in House #1.  I can’t find any way to get the app to see the system in the house that I’m physically in (house #2).

The Sonos app is supposed to note that it’s not on House #1’s WiFi network and shift over to the new system on House #2 Wifi, but it doesn’t.  When I go into Manage Networks and I’m at House #2, I still see the WiFi network for House #1.

How do I get the app to switch to the system in the house that it’s physically located?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 22 June 2021, 14:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Are that two systems sharing the same Sonos ID?

Yes, I only have the one Sonos ID. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Chezdude 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

There’s someone in your situation who reported a fix on this thread:

I hope this helps.