Turntable / TV / AMP into 3rd Party architectural speakers?

• 16 July 2021
  • 2 replies

I’m designing a new great room and want to accomplish a couple of things:

1. I want to have my turntable setup to play through my SONOS system
  2. I’m mounting a TV but don’t want to put my Beam or Arc under it for aesthetic reasons so am thinking of connecting the TV to 2 Sonance wall speakers

Am I able to use an AMP to connect my TV and turntable into 2 Sonance wall speakers that would act as the speakers for the TV when it’s on, and the turntable when it’s on?

Lastly, I would like to setup 2 outdoor Sonance but am not sure if I could wire them back to the TV/Turntable AMP.

Side Note: currently we have a BEAM, MOVE, and 2 SONOS 1, so I’m assuming once I setup the AMP side of things, it can all integrate?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I’m designing a new great room and want to accomplish a couple of things:

1. I want to have my turntable setup to play through my SONOS system
  2. I’m mounting a TV but don’t want to put my Beam or Arc under it for aesthetic reasons so am thinking of connecting the TV to 2 Sonance wall speakers

Am I able to use an AMP to connect my TV and turntable into 2 Sonance wall speakers that would act as the speakers for the TV when it’s on, and the turntable when it’s on?

Yes.  I am not 100% sure you can have both the TV and the aux input (turntable) autoplay when a signal is detected, but you certainly can manaully switch between sources in the app.

Lastly, I would like to setup 2 outdoor Sonance but am not sure if I could wire them back to the TV/Turntable AMP.

You can hook up a second pair of speakers to the Amp, but I would not recommend it in this situation.  Both pair of speakers would play the same source at the same volume all the time, and you would not be able to accurately trueplay tune your indoor speakers.  You could get a speaker switch  to handle volume between the two areas, but that would not allow different sources or tuning.  A second amp would be a better way to go.

Side Note: currently we have a BEAM, MOVE, and 2 SONOS 1, so I’m assuming once I setup the AMP side of things, it can all integrate?

Yes, your new amp(s) would be setup as new room(s) in your Sonos system, able to play audio separately or grouped together.  the aux source (turntable) could also play on a different room without playing on your new amp.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Thank you so much for the feedback.  If I’m hearing everything correctly, it seems like the best setup might be…

AMP 1 for turntable and 2 exterior Sonance speakers, allowing me to play turntable on exterior speakers, AND also put a Sonos 1 in the room OR wire another pair of architectural speakers in the main room (on AMP 2)

AMP 2 for TV, with 2 wired Sonance wall speakers AND potentially another 2 Sonance wall/ceiling speakers for surround sound.