Question

Turntable setup

• 26 December 2020
  • 1 reply

We recently purchased the Pro-Ject T1 Phono SB turntable through Sonos and were unaware we would need additional items before connecting to our existing Sonos system in the house. We currently have the sound bar and subwoofer in our main family room, and four Play Ones scattered throughout the rest of the house. The turntable will be in our front room so I’m trying to figure out what product to buy to hook this up. Should I just get a Five and have that speaker in that room or should I get the port or amp? All music in the house runs through Sonos. Help!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

We recently purchased the Pro-Ject T1 Phono SB turntable through Sonos and were unaware we would need additional items before connecting to our existing Sonos system in the house. We currently have the sound bar and subwoofer in our main family room, and four Play Ones scattered throughout the rest of the house. The turntable will be in our front room so I’m trying to figure out what product to buy to hook this up. Should I just get a Five and have that speaker in that room or should I get the port or amp? All music in the house runs through Sonos. Help!

The Five would perhaps be the better option if you want/need a Sonos speaker in the front room. The Port can also connect to an existing HiFi system/receiver and the Amp will work with third party passive speakers. So it’s whatever suits your needs. All will connect your Pro-Ject turntable to play to any, or all, your Sonos speakers.