Skip to main content

Hi

Trying to use the Sonos app!

1. I’m trying to search for radio stations, but there seems to be no search facility? Hundreds of stations, but how do I search and add radio stations that don’t appear in the lists? All I want is BBC Radio 6 to begin with. Why is it so hard?
  2. 2. Why does the room allocated icon appear on the screen at all times obscuring the screen. How do I get rid of this? It’s terrible.

Really confused. The reason why its taken me so long to move away from good old-fashioned hi-fi.

Please help.

Thanks.

Yes, you can search for radio stations. Answer depends which platform you are on, and whether you are using the “Sonos S1” or “Sonos” app.

However you are in the UK, so BBC stations are specially restricted for you. I would search for the many existing threads on BBC access in the UK. Ignore anything older than two months as things move quickly in BBC radio land.

Thank you for your reply.

I am surprised that BBC stations would be restricted in the UK.

Some are available in the listings, but I can’t find a simple search facility for finding others.

I have the Sonos app.

Is the Sonos S1 app more appropriate?

In the app Home Screen there’s a search icon. One of the options in the search page is stations. 

Phonos Universal (Windows 10)