Question

Transfer of ownership?

• 12 July 2020
  • 6 replies

I HAVE reset the system removed old product's and sold the two items.  Now the new owner cannot connect because it says ownership is not transferred????  Does anyone have ideas??  Clearly the boffins who designed this system do not!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

I’m not sure what you mean by “reset the system”. You didn’t need to reset the components you were keeping, but you should have factory reset the items you sold. If they weren’t reset then the new owner should do so now. 

In all past instances it has been sufficient for the speakers to be factory reset and then added to the new system.  (I am not quite sure what you mean by reset the system.)  Ask the buyer to factory reset the speakers then add to his/her system or create a new system, depending on which it is they are trying to do.

Gents,

Thanks for your advices.  This is now resolved.The buyer had a lot of trouble doing this.  He needed to have a Sonos consultant work with him to get the speaker reset.  I must say, when I reset my other speakers it was not easy!  Maybe the Sonos people could make the speaker resets a bit easier and tell us that we must reset when deleting speakers and/or changing the app?  The version 2 app would not pair with existing speakers unless they were reset.

Its a great system when it works!  Thanks again.

This is normally a straightforward matter taking a few seconds, no problems and zero Sonos Support involvement.  It is possible that this was related to the transition from S1 to S2 and so won’t be an issue going forward any more than it has been in the past.

A reset couldn’t be simpler. I’ve lost track of the dozens, possibly hundreds, of times I’ve reset units when moving them between systems or to check out some issue or other.

Even if navigating to the support page here is a problem there’s Google: “reset Sonos speaker” instantly brings up the relevant FAQ.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Maybe the Sonos people could make the speaker resets a bit easier and tell us that we must reset when deleting speakers and/or changing the app?

I’d go the other way, folks often do a Factory Reset and make their problems worse. If anything I’d make it harder to do.