Tidal wont play

• 1 May 2018
  • 1 reply

When using my SONOS app on my smartphone and browse music via Tidal, I can look up specfic tracks etc without any issues. But when try to start any given music track it stops again promptly with the notification, "...the server cannot be localized".
It has worked flawlessly up until about a month ago.
According to Tidal servicedesk, I should try to amend the DNS-settings in my wireless router. I find it hard to believe that I have to learn IT-supporter capabilities in adjusting rather advanced router-settings in order to be able to listen to music (?!).
Does anyone know why it is so and how it can be fixed by someone like me who doesn't possess advanced IT-competencies?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, mabalu77. Changing the DNS is neither complex nor time-consuming. If this is the proposed fix, then it is a very specific issue that cannot be resolved via any other means, I am afraid. You can always call our support team and they can provide remote assistance, if you would like. Alternatively, you may wish to consult the manufacturers literature supplied with your router. Many thanks.