Answered

Syncing Sonos Arc with play 1 surround and 2 play 5 gen 2

• 25 April 2021
  • 2 replies

So I had 2 play 5 gen 2s using a line in and optical adapter from my tv paired with 2 play 1 as rear “surround” speakers. This weekend I bought a Sonos arc and connected the 2 play 1 as the surround speakers, it’s awesome. 

however when I paired it with my 2 Sonos play 5s (which are in a stereo pair) it had an echo. I was able to adjust the tv dialogue sync to +2 and it fixed it. 

however my question is, is their a way to pair them with the arc so it reads as an entire system. I use Google tv and the remote will control the arc but not the play 5 volume. My hope is to find a way to pair all 5 speakers together as one. Any tips would be appreciated. 

in a perfect world I’d love to be able to pair them all together and have the low end come from the play 5s. 

I realize this is overkill, trust me I’m married, I’ve heard it. So just helpful tips no judgement on my choice to go deaf by 50. 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 25 April 2021, 05:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

You can only add two surround speakers and up to two Subs to a Sonos Arc for a maximum 5.2.2 setup. Any other Sonos speakers you add to this setup can only be grouped.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Grouping will indeed result in a delay.