Answered

Swapped out Spectrum router… Now issues

• 6 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi all,

Trying to reconnect both of my Sonos amps and port back online and having connection issues. Before Spectrum came out and replaced the router and modem it work fine. 
 So the amps are recognized but when I put my new WiFi pw in it says there was a problem and the msg is this. When I called Spectrum they said they flipped it to 2.4 for 1 hr to give me time to connect and it’ll go back then to normal. Still would not connect. Anyone deal with this before?

Adjusting your router settings

Sonos products connect to a 2.4GHz network. Newer products can connect to 5GHz networks. Make sure your router supports these networks and is configured appropriately.

Most Sonos products require a 802.11b/g network. If your router is set to “N only” or “AC only,” change it to B/G/N, sometimes referred to as mixed.

WiFi security types

Sonos supports:

• WEP

• Open (no password)

• WPA

• WPA2

Sonos does not support: 

• WPA2 Enterprise; where a username and password are required.

• Networks with a captive portal. Where you are asked to accept Terms & Conditions when connecting to a WiFi network; such as a coffee shop or airport.

What if my router supports both 2.5Ghz and 5Ghz?

We recommend splitting up the two bands and naming them differently in your router settings. This will help avoid connection or sign in problems during setup.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 6 October 2023, 17:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Did you try wiring one of your products to the new router to begin with and then reboot your other Sonos wireless devices?

Are you using a compatible mobile device as mentioned in this link:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/sonos-app-requirements

Using the above method your devices should work without having to enter a WiFi password. If they work and show up in the Sonos App, then go onto try this…

To add the new WiFi network/SSID goto ‘Settings/System/Network/Manage Networks’ and select ‘Update Networks’ to add a nearby WiFi Network to all your Sonos product(s).

You can also actually remove any unused WiFi connections in the Sonos App, as outlined in this support document:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3488

So I’ll have to try and update when the wife is off the WiFi for work. 
 The router came with new password so my old one is no good.

When I finallly get logged will my Sonos account remember the settings and the room names , port etc? I hope so Best Buy came and did it all a year ago

So I’ll have to try and update when the wife is off the WiFi for work. 
 The router came with new password so my old one is no good.

When I finallly get logged will my Sonos account remember the settings and the room names , port etc? I hope so Best Buy came and did it all a year ago

Everything should be the same with the Sonos setup (as long as you do not factory reset your devices), only their WiFi connection/password will have changed to the credentials now in use by your new router.