Suggestion - Velop Sonos Setup

• 8 November 2017
  • 0 replies

This may be a fairly obvious suggestion, but I thought others might benefit from the suggestion.

I recently set up a Velop system with the same Name/Login as my main router (wireless integrated unit). In this setup you'll have Sonos components 'each' of the Same Named side/by/side networks. The solution, for me, was to switch the Velop network into Bridge Mode (losing some functionality, but none that's not resident on my main router anyway). Thus it effectively does what I want - which is to replicate the same login credentials throughout the house, but to give much better performance.

Literally as soon as I made this change my Sonos system was all online - no need to turn off and then back on, like was instructed in the 'help' (and actually very helpful) Sonos support video.

There are other conversations about wiring in at least one Sonos speaker in Boost mode - but that's not what I'm talking about here, and figured that if this could help at least one person it was worth sharing.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.