Question

Stream audio from Android TV to Sonos One SL

• 21 November 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi, I’ve become a happy owner of my first Sonos One SL speaker, really enjoying the beautiful sound that it capable to give. And it would be great to use it as a speaker for my android tv box (MIBOX 3).

I also have google nest mini, which one i could connect thought bluetooth and it works amazing, but the idea was to stream sound to Sonos speaker. I was trying to set Sonos as default speaker (through google home app) but it was reproducing on Nest mini. 

Does anybody has an idea how to stream sound (i used to watch movies on MX player on MIBOX) to Sonos One?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @dudeviper, welcome to the Sonos community, and thank you for letting us know about your concern. Let me help you with this.

You can stream music to your Sonos One SL using the Sonos app. Streaming from your MIBOX to your Sonos One SL is not possible since they are using 2 different platforms. Streaming from your Android TV is possible if you have a Sonos soundbar connected to it. On Google Assistant, you can set up a Google Assistant-enabled device, like a Google Home or Google Home Mini, to control Sonos. Once set up, you can use the Google Assistant to play music to Sonos, skip songs, pause playback, adjust the volume, and more. I'd like to isolate the issue so we can create a path towards resolution.

1. Is your Sonos system up to date?
2. Are your Sonos speaker and Google Nest Mini connected to the same WiFi network?
3. Have you tried commanding Google Assistance specifically like saying "Hey Google, play (the title of the song and artist name) in the Office (speaker name)."

To see if this clears up the issue, I would like to have you remove Google Assistant from your Sonos devices, and then red add it back. Does the issue still continue, or does it seem to improve? You can also run through our troubleshooting guide.

We would like to have you submit a diagnostic of your system and reply back with the confirmation number. This will allow us to see how your system is functioning, and help provide a resolution. If you need help with any other information, feel free to reach out.