Answered

Stereo pair and balancing them

• 4 February 2021
  • 5 replies

I have 2 speakers: one SL and one. These are surround speakers with my Beam and Sub. This is my home cinema audio when listening TV.

Is-it possible to have these 2 speakers in a stereo pair only when listening the music? 

Is-it possible to balance one of these speakers?

Is-it possible to listen music only with the Sub and the 2 speakers in stereo without the Beam?

I have the S2 app and there is no way to balance the left or the right speaker nor any indication that they are paired in stereo. All of my speakers and Sub are  attached to the Beam within the same room name.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 4 February 2021, 23:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

You would have to unbond/remove the One SLs as surrounds from the Beam and pair them as a stereo pair in order to just listen to music through the One SLs.

You cannot just “balance” one of the speakers. Performing Trueplay tuning would be your best option.

You can listen to music with just the two One SLs (stereo pair) and Sub if the they are not connected to the Beam as surrounds speakers or as a Sub.

If your One SLs are connected to your Beam as surrounds, they are not connected as a stereo pair.

There is no left/right balance in the EQ settings for a Sonos HT setup, but if you trueplay tune the room, that will (should) balance the speakers at your chosen ‘sweet spot’. The speakers front/back can be balanced/adjusted for both ‘TV’ and ‘Music’ audio in the Beams ‘Room’ settings in the Sonos App "Settings/System”.

To get full stereo output from the ‘rear’ surrounds, there is an option to switch Music Playback from ‘Ambient’ to ‘Full’ in the surround settings.

It’s not ideal/practicable/possible to disconnect/mute just the Beam so that the rear speakers only play in stereo (when they’re bonded)… you would have to go through the task of unbonding the surrounds and then pairing them etc. Therefore it’s often easier to just leave the Beam in the mix as part of the overall soundstage. Most listeners rarely choose to have the music soundstage originating from behind them anyway in most cases. 

Hope that assists.

Thanks.

If I have to remove One SL as surrounds from the Beam and pair them as a stereo pair when listening music only,  do I have to use  again the Trueplay to use them as surround speakers back and forth? 

As far for  the Sub, it is connected to the Beam. Then, I have to remove it from the Beam to listen music only with my pair stereo speakers and add it to my Beam when watching TV. Is there a way more simple to achieve that?

2bad4u,
Ah @GuitarSuperstar obviously types faster than me.😁 ...Sorry for the (almost) duplicate post.

Userlevel 7

@2bad4u 

Yes.

No.