Answered

Stabilize a Sonos system with TPLink ArcherAX55 Mesh wifi

• 29 October 2023
  • 6 replies

Hello,

I have been using a mesh wifi based on the TP Link Archer AX55 router + 3 satellites to cover the entire house.

It turns out that deconnections happen A LOT… especially when moving around in the house while listening to Spotify music.

If anybody can advise some way to stabilize this situation, I would appreciate !

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 29 October 2023, 23:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Thanks @Ken_Griffiths .

IGMP snooping is enabled ony router.

I noted that the IGMP version is v2 when a V3 is available: I switched fir the latest version and will see how things go.

Besides, I will check the possible wifi interferences, possibly switch from the current auto selection of channels to Sonos dedicated ones and will keep you posted.

Thank you again!

Are you using the latest EasyMesh firmware? If so, then maybe speak with TP-Link support about the dropout issues you are seeing…

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/589000

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Using Spotify from the Spotify or the Sons app?

@Ken_Griffiths 

Thank you for your reply.

I checked the firmware : my router uses the latest version…

@106rallye 

Thanks for asking : I should have specified.

The dropouts happen in both conditions, directly from the Spotify app or through the Sonos app...

I’m not sure if this still applies with the current TP-Link firmware, but in the past, a fix for this router/similar-router, used to be this to make things work better with Sonos products…

Settings —> Advanced —> Network —> IPTV and enable ‘IGMP Snooping

I’m just not sure if it’s still relevant, but if not, then maybe give TP-Link a call and see what they may suggest or maybe speak to Sonos Support Staff.. it might just be a simple case of wireless interference in which case, you may find this link useful too:

WiFi Interference

I have the TPLink Archer AX90 plus 5 other mesh extenders. Yup 5!!! Thinking the issue why all my Sonos were bouncing in and out was due to insufficient coverage. Then after trying every possible recommendation out there, I discovered the Advance Wireless setting that allowed me to change the 2.4GHz bands from b/g/n/ax to just b/g/n after setting the channel to auto, the band to only use 20MHz didn’t help.