Answered

Stabilize a Sonos system with TPLink ArcherAX55 Mesh wifi

• 29 October 2023
  • 6 replies

Hello,

I have been using a mesh wifi based on the TP Link Archer AX55 router + 3 satellites to cover the entire house.

It turns out that deconnections happen A LOT… especially when moving around in the house while listening to Spotify music.

If anybody can advise some way to stabilize this situation, I would appreciate !

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 29 October 2023, 23:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Are you using the latest EasyMesh firmware? If so, then maybe speak with TP-Link support about the dropout issues you are seeing…

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/589000

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Using Spotify from the Spotify or the Sons app?

@Ken_Griffiths 

Thank you for your reply.

I checked the firmware : my router uses the latest version…

@106rallye 

Thanks for asking : I should have specified.

The dropouts happen in both conditions, directly from the Spotify app or through the Sonos app...

I’m not sure if this still applies with the current TP-Link firmware, but in the past, a fix for this router/similar-router, used to be this to make things work better with Sonos products…

Settings —> Advanced —> Network —> IPTV and enable ‘IGMP Snooping

I’m just not sure if it’s still relevant, but if not, then maybe give TP-Link a call and see what they may suggest or maybe speak to Sonos Support Staff.. it might just be a simple case of wireless interference in which case, you may find this link useful too:

WiFi Interference

Thanks @Ken_Griffiths .

IGMP snooping is enabled ony router.

I noted that the IGMP version is v2 when a V3 is available: I switched fir the latest version and will see how things go.

Besides, I will check the possible wifi interferences, possibly switch from the current auto selection of channels to Sonos dedicated ones and will keep you posted.

Thank you again!

I have the TPLink Archer AX90 plus 5 other mesh extenders. Yup 5!!! Thinking the issue why all my Sonos were bouncing in and out was due to insufficient coverage. Then after trying every possible recommendation out there, I discovered the Advance Wireless setting that allowed me to change the 2.4GHz bands from b/g/n/ax to just b/g/n after setting the channel to auto, the band to only use 20MHz didn’t help.