Skip to main content
Question

Speakers not working in one room

• 16 June 2024
  • 0 replies

I have an old Bose system of built-in speakers--4 zones.

The system is now controlled by 4 Sonos Connects. 3 of them are connected to a pair of speakers in each of 3 different rooms. I control on/off and volume through the Sonos app, either on my computer or on my iphone. These are working fine.

The 4th is in my Main Room, with 4 sets of small speakers placed around the room. I have a Bose remote control which gives some flexibility (volume, surround sound). Here is the snag...no matter how many restarts I do, I cannot get these speakers to play. In the past, when I had this problem (often), restarts always straightend things out. (BTW--what I would really like to do is somehow bypass Bose...I would be very happy to set surround to ON and volume to medium, lock it all in, and then control the room only with the Sonos app, the way I do the other 3 rooms.)

In case it matters, the other components connected to the system are a Sonance 12-50 and a Panamax MR4000.

I realize that this is more of a Bose problem than a Sonos one, but with Bose out of reach, I don’t know where else to turn. I am hoping someone out there has a similar setup and can help me.

Thanks in advance.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!