Question

Sonos v11 on Unifi Switch - RTSP & Enable STP?

• 13 April 2020
  • 3 replies

Have my Sonos network on Unifi US-24-250 Switch - 4 wired (wifi off on 2) & 6 wireless

Network gear is ER-X → US-24-250 off that is 2 x UAP-Pro and US-8 in the shop.

Experiencing dropouts when using RTSP across switch and then enabling STP on Sonos wired ports.

When entire switch is using STP, there are a variety of issues with non-Sonos wired devices like slow connect-to-LAN times.

I’ve read a number of threads from different time frames and wanted clarification on current best practice settings for Unifi switches?

I’m currently running STP (4096) on US-24 and STP (8192) and having dropouts? This was the settings before playing around with RTSP config mentioned above so I’m at a loss.

Can submit diagnostics or anything else if requested. Would just like to make this work on all fronts.

Sonos Support Info
US-24-250 Config

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

This is thread re: RTSP that I referenced: link

Sonos build is v11.0
Diagnostics 2020-04-13-6PM: 1012686807

Unifi is 4.0.80.10875

Laundry - Sonos One - Wireless
Addison - Play:3 - Wireless
Office - Play:3 - Wireless
Bunker - Connect - Wireless
Great Room - Playbar - Wired - WIFI on
Dining Room - Connect:Amp - Wired - Wifi on
Great Room - AMP - Wired - Wifi off
Sexy Suite - Connect:Amp - Wired - Wifi on
Great Room - Sub - Wireless

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hello @Van G 

Welcome to the Sonos Community and thank you for reaching out with your question. 

It’s best to enable to WiFi interface on any Sonos product that you have manually disabled it on. 

You will also want to make sure that Multicast is enabled and not being filtered or blocked between LAN and WLAN which seems to be a common issue with Unifi systems.

You can find supported STP settings here.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out with an update or additional questions. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

FYI it is RSTP not RTSP, which is something quite different.