Question

Sonos support for ipv6

• 8 May 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge

I’m considering making the leap to ipv6.  Will my sonos products work with ipv6?  What about my older products like ZP100s and play5 (ver. 1)?  If not automatically supported, then I shall stick with ipv4 since I dont have a degree in network architecture to know how to make it work (dual-stacking, blah blah blah).  And I dont suppose Sonos shareholders are clamoring for ipv6 support.

Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

So you are going to block all IPv4 access to your systems? That will really cripple your Internet experience as well as a lot of IOT devices, probably including Sonos.

Better to just do what almost everyone does and allow both v4 and v6 and get on with life. Once switched on IPv6 is pretty much automatic and invisible.

I do see Sonos devices pulling IPv6 addresses here but I haven’t looked into it past that.

Badge

Thank you for the reply - I didn’t know I could do both ipv4 and ipv6 simultaneously without a lot of technical knowledge, but it might be a simple as enabling ipv6 support on my router.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Why bother with ipv6 on a home network? Look at the problems people have with low quality routers on the much simpler and common ipv4.