Sonos port with multiple beolink passives

• 12 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi all

The house we moved into has 3 sets of wall/in-ceiling speakers each powered by a separate b&o beolink passive, which are joined together via b&o masterlink. The previous owners took the b&o sound system that acted as the source with them. 
Does anyone know if it’s possible to hook the speakers up to a single Sonos port so that I can use them as part of my existing Sonos setup? Appreciate this is probably more of a question for the b&o tecchies but wanted to see if I had any joy here too...!

Many thanks

Ash

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

If they’re passive, you’d need some sort of Amp to drive them. I don’t know if B&O have specific needs in terms of amplifiers, but assuming they are standard 8 Ohms, and reasonable wattage required, you might consider the Sonos Amp, rather than the Port.

Thanks Bruce. The beolink passive is an amp so I don’t think I need anything else to drive the speakers, it’s just whether the Port can plug straight into the wired b&o multiroom system (and if not, what extra gear I’d need to make it work).

So, not being familiar with the B&O system, if you can connect a tape player, and it works, then a Port would work equally well, the line level output on both devices would be the same.