Answered

Sonos Playbar and Insignia Fire TV

• 25 December 2019
  • 2 replies

I recently got a new Fire TV (Insignia NS-58DF620CA20) and uses the remote that came in the box (NS-RCFCA-19)

My research has told me that the remote is an RF remote vs an IR remote.  I want to control my sonos with the remote, however I do not believe it is possible.  Any suggestions?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 25 December 2019, 22:53

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Read the TV’s manual to see how to force the remote to use IR, rather than RF.

Alternately, there are universal remotes that would likely work. There’s no way to change the Sonos to recognize RF.

I am having the same issue with my new Insignia Fire TV, volume cannot be controlled via the TV remote. I don’t see an option to make the Insignia TV remote use IR insteaf of RF.

One workaround I can think of is to buy a Fire TV with Voice Remote, and plug it into an HDMI port in the back of my Insignia FireTV, and then not use the Insignia FireTV software and instead use the Fire TV box, that way the Fire TV Voice Remote will be IR.

A miserable work around, having to buy a Fire TV to pluginto the back of my Insignia FireTV that has FireTV built in.

Seems like this apprioach means I am out $50 and I lose the “Channels” buton on the Insginia FireTV remote that puts the Antenna guide on with one click. I can still nav to that via a few menu options though.

As more TVs move to RF from IR there will be more of these issues. RF is better tech since its not line of site dependent.