Sonos Play 1, trying to find parts to repair.

Hello, last week Ive found my Sonos 1 without any light, so I started to troubleshoot and the yellow part in the picture is damaged, plastic and wires are cuts.
DXTPQ2020-225, didnt find any parts info for replacement, any idea ?
Thanks

10 replies

Hi, did you manage to find anywhere that sells parts? Last night my Play1 just stopped working and now wont power on. Sonos want £109 to send me a second hand one, rather than looking at it and just charging for the repair.. Looks like its a new one or over to another brand!
Finally managed to fix mine, the first fuse on the board had blown.

T2A Antisurge, 2A 250v Time delay, Slow blow, radial round fuse from ebay £1.39 for 3... slightly cheaper than then £109 sonos wanted.
Badge
hi swatiso
Did you find a transformer for the play 1
Any idea of the winding and output voltages ?
I had mine go bad and short circuit to ground
So I removed it and moded the play one with an external 24v dc supply attached to the caps on the bottom of the board
Not the best but it’s only until I can source a transformer ?
Hi,

Following a problem in my electrical installation, my play 1 received 400V instead of 220V => it's doesn't work anymore.
I open it and find that the fuse is died => no problem to replace it but I have also 2 other components to replace but not possible to knows the value and the type of component.

Can some one can help me?

Component number TH301 and MOV301 see picture.

Thanks in advance
Regards
Userlevel 6
Badge +18
Disclaimer:
Please be advised that Sonos will not honour any claims (both in-warranty and out-of-warranty), for devices that are tampered with. Opening your device(s) will void any eligibility for replacement of your device(s), for claims both free of charge and those for a fee.
Why do you remove the comment from ianidor?
My play1 is not anymore under warranty => my only solution is to repair myself because I'm sure Sonos will not repair it for a correct price.

Ianidor, can you send be back the info (my email cordier.emmanuel@gmail.com). Thanks a lot.
ecordier wrote:

Why do you remove the comment from ianidor?
My play1 is not anymore under warranty => my only solution is to repair myself because I'm sure Sonos will not repair it for a correct price.

It's too late now, but Sonos may have offered you a replacement unit for a small fee.
After the replacement of the 3 components the radio work again. Thanks a lot to all for your help
one of my play 1's looked to have power issues. ie no light.
After checking the above fuse on the main board, I found that it had blown. replaced and unit now working. ifixit shows how to pull it apart. easy fix. not sure if its a common issue. Regards
Badge
Hi Emmanuel, I've sent you a message on your gmail-account. Could you please take a look at it? That would be so helpful and I would be so grateful… Or Ianidor, would you be willing to send me the info you gave to Emmanuel?

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings