Answered

Sonos One SL

• 6 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Good day to all.

I currently have a Sonos Arc connected to 2 Sonos Sub gen 3's and 2 Sonos Five's that are set up in my living room. All speakers/subs face the front of the couch. In addition I have 2 Sonos One SL's set up behind the couch for a full and immersive sound experience. 

In the 4+ years I've owned the Arc, Five's, and Sub's I've never had a single issue with them. The SL's on the other hand seem to go out every 4 days, 2 weeks, and on occasion they'll last for months. I have to reboot my router and reset the SL's every time. This is not only for the 2 downstairs but the 3 additional SL's upstairs as well. (For context 1 SL upstairs is paired with a Sonos One with Alexa, the other 2 SL's are paired together on the other side of the beedroom)

All devices are connected to a Netgear Nighthawk MR80 WiFi mesh system with 2 satellite's. One satellite is in the bedroom with the 4 upstairs speakers and the other satellite is in the office down the hall. The main hub is downstairs directly under the Sonos Arc.

I've checked the Sonos App to make sure there's only 1 network shown, I've also checked the system to make sure everything is on and up to date. I plan on buying 2 Sonos Era 300's to replace the SL's downstairs but I do not want to continuously run into this disconnection issue with the Era 300's. 

I'm sorry this is long, but I wanted to give as much context as possible to help find a solution. 

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 6 March 2024, 05:58

View original

1 reply

It’s not clear, but are these One SLs set up as surround speakers? If so, they shouldn’t be directly connecting to your Netgear router, but instead a 5Ghz ‘hidden’ channel created by the Sonos Arc. This means the ‘radio/wifi’ need to be turned on for all three devices, no matter how you have them wired. It also means these are subject to wifi interference in that 5Ghz range, so you may want to read that FAQ, and check for any electrical devices in range. 

If none of that helps, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.