Answered

Sonos Arc with compatible TV but with old AV receiver

• 15 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I just purchased the port and I am pretty satisfied with it.  Currently my setup is an older Dennon Avr-3803 which is powering two front in wall speakers and 2 rear in ceiling speakers.

I do not have a center channel in which I was thinking about getting the Arc.  My tv has the HDMI arc connection for it but I am wondering how that will integrate with my AV receiver.  Will I have to use two remotes to  get this to work? One remote for the Av receiver which has optical connection for the TV which powers the in wall speakers. Then another remote to power the Arc?  

icon

Best answer by jgatie 15 March 2021, 16:34

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

The Arc is not a center channel.  It is a self-powered soundbar containing all three front speakers, plus two Atmos speakers.  It is not meant to be used with a receiver in any way.  

Userlevel 7

You would be better off getting a dedicated center channel speaker and connecting it to your Denon receiver, then adding a subwoofer to complete your 5.1 system.

Userlevel 7

The Arc is not a center channel.  It is a self-powered soundbar containing all three front speakers, plus two Atmos speakers.  It is not meant to be used with a receiver in any way.  

The Arc alone is a 5.0.2 sound bar so it also includes side surround speakers too. 

Thank you all. Makes sense.  I am considering getting KEF HTC7001 for its low profile since the ARC is not a good solution for me. 

I was liking the idea of the Arc soundbar to use for everyday use and then using the other speakers along with the ARC soundbar for other occasions