Answered

Sonos Arc plus 2 ZP90

• 25 January 2021
  • 6 replies

• Contributor II
  • 5 replies

Hi all,

I am new in Sonos family. I am trying to configurate my Sonos ecosystem. My actuall configuration is like below:

1. TV in living room + sat dekoder

2. Zone Amplifilter Crestron C2NI-AMP 4x100 in rack in the office. 

3. Place for 2 incelling speaker in living room

4. Place for 1 incellin speakers in kitchen

I would like to add to this setup:

1. 2xZP90 and plug in to the Zone Amplifilter Crestron - it will be responsible for two zones: firs for the kitchen second one for incelling speakers in living room

2. Additional to above I would like to install Sonoc ARC and plug in to TV using HDMI ARC

I have few question to You:

1. Will it work correctly? 

2. Will it be any voice delay between ARC and incelling speakers? Mainly i am interesting about any delays between incelling speakers in living room and Sonos ARC. This is the same room. 

3. Is it possible to make 5.1 system with Sonos ARC and two incelling speakers? Or I should make two diffeent zone and than group it togather? 

4. How to contrl volume level? My SAT dekoder is plugin to the TV, then TV to the Sonos ARC using HDMI ARC Port, will it be possible to control volume of the whole system using TV remot? Or I need to adjust it always using Sonos AMP?

Thank You in advance!

icon

Best answer by bockersjv 25 January 2021, 20:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

I’m pretty sure the ARC only works on S2 Sonos system and your ZP90s only work on S1. Even if they could work on the same system the delay in sound would make what you want unlistenable.  

So the answer to question 1 is No. 

Also if you want the best from the ARC you need a TV with eARC hdmi. 

You could add any other Sonos home theatre product, such as a playbase/bar.  You could not use the ceiling sparklers as dusting for TV sound but you can grip when listening to music  

Ok,

Sonos ARC will not work with TV with standard ARC system not eARC or it will work with lower funcionality? 

What about configuratio like below:

Living room Sonos ARC + Sonos PORT - crestron - 2 incelling speakers.

Kitchen 1 incelling speakers. 

Is it work properly? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Yes there ARC will work with HDMI ARC fine but you won’t get Atmos sound. 

The ONLY way to add surround speakers to the Arc is for them to be paired via the Sonos app.  You cannot pair with a port/ amp connect etc. So the ceiling speakers will never work with any Sonos home theatre box (Arc, Beam etc). They can be grouped but would be a second or more delay and would be useless unless. 

@bockersjv is quite correct. A single system cannot contain both Arc and ZP90. Arc only runs S2. ZP90 only runs S1.

Yes there ARC will work with HDMI ARC fine but you won’t get Atmos sound. 

This statement isn’t correct.  HDMI-ARC is compatible with dolby digital +, which can carry the atmos data.

Ok. What about that one:

Living room Pair of Sonos One + Sonos PORT - crestron - 2 incelling speakers.

?

Or maybe I should ger ried of Cresteon and use Sonos AMP?