Sonos and T-Mobile Home Internet Solution

• 11 June 2023
  • 2 replies

I have had issues with my Sonos devices losing connection to my T-Mobile Home Internet service.  It went on for months while I searched for an answer.  The problem now seems resolfved.  

T-Mobile gave me an Arcadyan KV21 gateway.  Speeds were never an issue.  I accumulated 1 ARC, 2 Beams, 2 Amps and a sub woofer.  I could play music from a service maybe 10 minutes before the connection issues came up.  Sonos answer was that their products are not compatible with LTE routers or services so I shouldnt expect it to work.  

I went back to T-Mobile and had them replace my Arcadyan gateway with a Sagemcom.  I hooked it up and my Sonos equipment connected and stayed connected.  Problem solved or so I thought.  

Then came the Prime Video streaming service issues, it just would not work.  Then, another device in my home refused to connect.  But Sonos still worked.

I had read that an eero mesh wifi system hooked to the T-Mobile gateway might help and finally all my devices seem to work.  Cost me another $250 for the eero devices but I seem whole now.

Hope this helps someone avoid the issues I had.  T-Mobiles service is fast so its worth looking into.  And ony $50 month.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Thanks.  It seems you might work for Sonos by your name.  Frankly, I was more than a bit disappointed in Sonos support as all they would offer is that the T-Mobile solution is not supported.  I would have expected a bit more help trying to get my issue solved given i had thousands of $$ tied up in your gear.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @gene-mo

Thank you for sharing and I’m glad you’ve got it sorted in the end.

I’m sure someone will find this helpful.