Answered

Sonos 2 room setup won't play at the same time

• 6 December 2020
  • 4 replies

Hey guys,

so I have a 2 room setup with one stereo setup and I was wondering why I can’t play in both rooms the same music at the same time?

I can play 2 different songs at the same time in each room, but it would be nice to have them grouped and play the same at the same time. The app seems to be able to do this, but when I add the second room to the already playing room, it doesn’t play anything.

Any help with this would be appreciated. I have already unlinked everything and set it up again.

Cheers

icon

Best answer by Smilja 10 December 2020, 10:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @jmuenster85.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! Let me see what I can do to help you.

To better understand what’s going on, kindly reproduce the issue, then submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app shortly after the issue occurs, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system as well as the status of the devices, it will help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

For reference, you may see our support article on how to group and ungroup rooms together so they play the same content in sync.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Hey @Annazel S ,

the Sonos app is not throwing any errors, so I’m not sure how I can send you a report. I guess it thinks it’s playing in both rooms. Since I only have 2 groups there is also no option to group  those 2 together. What information would you like me to send you?

Thanks for getting in contact :)

@jmuenster85, Do you have any (Fritz)Repeaters or the like?

If so it would be better to raise your issue on https://de.community.sonos.com/.

I do have one of those and it is most likely used. thanks for the tip :) I will write on the german forum.

Can we close this post then?