Answered

Sonance SGS 8.1 Garden series and VPXT6

• 19 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi everybody,

I appreciate any input and help!

1. Can I safely connect both Sonance SGS 8.1 Garden series and a pair of VPXT6 speakers to a Sonos Amp?
  2. I also have a Sonance SR 2-125. Would it be a better option to connect both Sonance SGS 8.1 Garden series and a pair of Sonance VPXT6 to SR 2-125 Amp and then to a Sonos Amp for streaming ( I already have the Sonos Amp, so I thought I can use it instead of spending money on a Sonos Port for streaming)?
icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 21 February 2024, 02:02

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

You’d have to look at your speaker’s specs and see how much impedance they offer the amplifier. The Sonos Amp is usually happy down to the 4 Ohm range, or two pair of 8 Ohm speakers.

Thank you. Do you know if I can bundle Sonance Mag 6.1 which it’s satellites are 6 ohms, with SGS 8.1 Garden series which their satellites are 8 ohms?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Adding two 8 Ohm systems gives you 4 Ohms, an 8 and 6 will give you less and that is below the level given in the Amp’s specificitions.

If you add an impedance matching speaker controller to the Amp’s output you should be able to connect both speaker systems to it with no problems.