Answered

Setting up a Theatre Room

• 15 February 2024
  • 2 replies

I ave a ARC, 2 era 300, a Sonos Big Subwoofer and Sub Mini, (2) era ones, and a Sonos AMP.  All devices listed are brand new, latest Gen.  I also have a 2023 Samsung Smart TV that has a eARC HDMI port, and a PS5.  Also an Apple TV 4K that can connect wherever via Ethernet or WiFi.  I already had the ARC, and ordered the 2 era 300’s you create Dolby Atmos.  Not even sure anymore if you can use WIFI to use the Era 300 with the ARC to create true Dolby Atmos.  The Sonos Arc only has 1 HDMI port so that kinda screws up things.  Any good recommendations?  Can I use the Sonos Amp as some sort of AV device to help

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 15 February 2024, 00:44

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Use the Arc, Sub, and two Era 300s to create a home theater setup. Connect the Arc to the Samsung TV’s eARC port. Connect the Apple TV and PS5 to any of the other HDMI ports on the TV. Use the other Sonos devices in other rooms.

I recommend building a surround system with ARC, 300’s and SUB as one Room. The 100’s and MINI would be a second Room. Normally the 300’s would be wireless surrounds, but you can wire them if you like. (I like wires!) AMP would be a 3rd Room. All Rooms can be Grouped to play the same music. I don’t recommend attempting to Group Rooms for TV sound, but some listeners are OK with this.