Answered

Scheduling Sonos daily

• 21 September 2017
  • 3 replies

Is there a way to schedule Sonos to turn on at a specified time each morning and turn off at a specified time each evening. I manage a small B&B and we try to have music playing around our pool area from 9am - 9pm Sonos allows me to set an alarm to turn the system on at a specified time, but does not allow me to set a time for the system to turn off.

If this is not something that Sonos is capable of, please make it a priority to add to the platform. It would certainly create a valuable enhancement.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

John
icon

Best answer by melvimbe 21 September 2017, 16:07

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I've been very happy with Lutron. I've never tried it, but they also provide 'pico' remotes that can be configure to do basic operations for control sonos like volume. I think pause and play as well.
Thanks so much for your response. I had thought about using a smart hub and think that may be the way to go. Thanks again
Two thoughts on this. First, you should be able to create a 2nd alarm scheduled for 9 pm that either has volume set at 0 or is playing a source that has nothing, perhaps line in. I haven't used the alarm in a while so can't say for sure what sources are selected. Actually, now that I think about it, I would think you'd be able to select a playlist that just has one track in it, so that it will just end automatically. Heck, you should be able to record a message that says "It's 9 PM, the pool is now closed" and have that play.

The reason I don't use the alarm anymore is because I use my Lutron smarthub for the alarm functionality. I have the music and certain lights come one, and automatically turn off 2 hours later. I think you could do this sort of thing with smartthings too, and probably others. I can see where that might be good for your situation if you want to turn off or dim lights around the pool at closing time as well.