Question

Same wifi network different accounts

• 31 January 2018
  • 5 replies

I want to add my sonos, The wifi network is used by my landlord who has his own sonos connected. When I try to add mine, the app asks me to enter the details of his sonos account.
How do I enter my own account details and add my own sonos to the network?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Sonos aside, sharing a network like this is not secure. Get a travel router, which can connect to the shared wifi to give internet access, but will create a private network for you. Get one with an Ethernet port as well as wifi capability.
Badge
why is that answer checked and say best? it does not answer the question at all. a valid question i would also like an answer to without someone giving life advice.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
That selecting as a best answer is done by the original poster, they thought it was good.

What "life advice" do you see there, I'm not seeing it?
Badge
i didn't know that is who selects it as best answer...haha but the life advice is don't share your network and get a travel router. unfortunately this is with a lot of IT-ish forums. ppl can't answer the question but still want to type something. i would actually like to know about the original question but each time it is asked in this forum it is a lot of comments and no actual answers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi folks,

It should be possible to set up a second Sonos system on a network as described. If you don't have physical access to the router in order to temporarily wire in a unit with an ethernet cable, you'll have to go through the initial setup process. If your speakers have been previously set up, you'll want to factory reset one first. Then, connect your controller to the wireless network and start the Sonos app. Choose the option to set up a new system, then follow the steps to connect to your speaker. When asked you'll want to use your registration email and password (should be the same you use to log in to our site). This should allow you to have your system separate from the other on the wireless network.