Roam - Group Audio

• 24 April 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

The process of initiating Group Audio has challenged me since I received my Sonos Roam a few days back …

Every time I tried the Group Audio to time by pressing play/pause for ‘1 second’ or wait for the ‘second tone’ as documented by Sonos, the Roam goes into Swap mode - I find it very difficult to achieve the Group Audio. Well, I experimented, and have a user-friendly process …

1. long press play/pause - get into the Swap mode! - don’t worry about timing this press or listening to tones - FYI - the first ‘tone’ is when you first press the play/pause followed by a ‘water-drip’ like sounding tone and then a ‘chime’ like sounding tone.

2. press play/pause till you hear the second tone / water-drip and release play/pause - CONGRATS Group Audio is happening. Repeat and you return to  Swap mode.

Lastly, if you are in Group mode and want to bring music back to the Roam only, you have to first get into the Swap mode - then long press play/pause to have music play on the Roam only.

If Sonos is tuned into this community forum, I hope there is some learning here to streamline the user-experience they aspire to.

Enjoy!

... In Partnership and Service,

Raj

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Badge +17

Hi @ceiling20, thanks for sharing your experience!

You’re correct that simply holding down the button for longer than it would take to go into Sound Swap will group the Roam with other playing speakers, just like it would on other models. I’ve taken your feedback and passed it on to our engineering team for consideration. :slight_smile:

Badge +3

Dear @James L.,

Thanks for listening ... 

Please read my post - my observation is not ’simply holding down the button for longer than it would take to go into Sound Swap will group the Roam with other playing speakers’.

Regards.

~ Raj