Skip to main content

I have an original Sonos 1 system that was wired to my old WiFi system via a Sonos bridge, the WiFi has completely changed and we have also added 3 x TP-Link WiFi boosters around the ground floor to give a better WiFi signal

The system has stopped functioning following this upgrade and attempt to reset have failed? The speakers ( Play 1,3,5, Playbar) are completely wireless and do not have Bluetooth capabilities.

What is the process to reset the system successfully , and will I lose my current Sonos playlist etc ?

The WiFi  network I would like to use is the TP-link via my I-phone 14 controller Sonos 1 App?

The easiest way is to set your new wifi to match the old - same SSID and password. 

You say you’ve “reset” but don’t say if you mean your speakers. If you mean factory reset: bad idea, but too late now. 

Try connecting a speaker via Ethernet cable temporarily- setup is often easier that way.

If you’ve factory reset you need to follow the setup process for new speakers/new system. 

Otherwise, follow the guidelines for “new wifi”. https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/connect-sonos-to-a-new-router-or-wi-fi-network