Answered

pushing TV sound wirelessly to Sonos amplifier question

• 10 December 2023
  • 4 replies

I have a Samsung TV on my patio that is connected to ethernet that I use YouTube TV on. is there anyway that I could push what is playing on the TV with YouTube TV or Apple TV? If I’m using Apple TV that’s been built into the TV and push it to a Sonos amplifier wirelessly so I can use the speakers on the patio to play the sound?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 10 December 2023, 21:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

If you want to use a Sonos Amp to play the TV audio, it needs to be connected to the TV via HDMI ARC or optical.

If you want to use a Sonos Amp to play the TV audio, it needs to be connected to the TV via HDMI ARC or optical.

Bummer. That is what I was afraid of as I do not have the capability to do that. I was hoping to be able to use like AirPlay or something. 

Userlevel 7

Bummer. That is what I was afraid of as I do not have the capability to do that. I was hoping to be able to use like AirPlay or something. 

If you connected an Apple TV to your TV, you could use AirPlay to stream audio from the Apple TV to the Sonos Amp.

If you connected an Apple TV to your TV, you could use AirPlay to stream audio from the Apple TV to the Sonos Amp.

Apple TV is built in to it. I have an extra Apple TV I can actually use as well