Answered

Playing Vinyl from DJ mixer

• 19 June 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi guys,

sorry if this question has been asked before but I am wanting to playing my vinyl through my existing set up (multiple One’s, Move and a Beam) but I have a DJ setup i.e. I’m using a mixer. I understand that there is a delay so the port/amp is not great for DJing but is there a way of when I’m playing to use my powered speakers (not necessarily linked to the other speakers) and then when I want to just play a record to send it to the multi rooms? Would the port be my best option? As I have powered speakers.
thanks in advance for your help and hope this makes sense!! 

icon

Best answer by buzz 19 June 2021, 02:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

If you attempt to use the DJ speakers simultaneously with SONOS speakers, you’ll have latency (delay) issues. If you mute the DJ speakers and use an analog output connection to a SONOS Line-In, you’ll be fine. In this mode you are simply using the DJ system as a turntable and phono preamp for the SONOS system. ‘Group’ the SONOS speakers with each other and they will be time aligned.