Answered

Play file at certain time of day

• 21 May 2018
  • 7 replies

Hello--

I own Smarthings hub and recently added Sonos one speakers. I would like to play a file at certain times of day automatically, Can someone guide me? Basically it is reminder Azan to pray. Thanks
icon

Best answer by jgatie 21 May 2018, 21:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Use an alarm. Put the track in a playlist, then set the alarm to play the playlist at the proper time(s).

Instructions on Alarms: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/452?language=en_US
Thanks, this is somewhat good start, is possible to automate the process or query to some database for automatic changes to the time? I believe there is limitation on Alarms where you can only configure it 4 times. I need 5 times. Thanks again
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I didn't think there was a 4 alarms limit in the Sonos app.

I do use smartthings for my morning alarm as I do more then play a music file. I use the MichaelStruck Talking Alarm clock smartapp.
The limit is 32 total alarms.
Thanks guys, I'll try Michael Struck solution. Thanks much for the quick response
I use alarms too to play tracks at different times during the day.
However Sonos updated the feature to where alarms have snnoze and a duration. Previously we could use the alarm feature to play a track or a playlist and there was no need to select a duration. Now, you need to selct duration in increments of 5 minutes, so if you have track say for 6 minutes you are forced to select 10 minute duration and the track would repeat again for 4 minutes.
This is not good.
I use alarms too to play tracks at different times during the day.
However Sonos updated the feature to where alarms have snnoze and a duration. Previously we could use the alarm feature to play a track or a playlist and there was no need to select a duration. Now, you need to selct duration in increments of 5 minutes, so if you have track say for 6 minutes you are forced to select 10 minute duration and the track would repeat again for 4 minutes.
This is not good.
Could you make a playlist from your six minute track and a 4 minute silent track and play that? (Got to admit II don't use alarms)