Question

Play 1 Paired Speakers Out of Sync

• 4 November 2020
  • 3 replies

For the last week, my Play:1 speakers have been falling out of sync. I only have two set up as a stereo pair and have tried multiple times to unpair and then re-pair them. When I go through this process, things work the way they are supposed to. After some time, though, they fall out of sync again.

I submitted a diagnostic (1752032275). Any thoughts on what could be going on? I have had this pair for over 3 years and have had this issue occur a handful of times ... only to be fixed by unpairing and pairing again. In the past, it has only taken one time to go through this process and then everything works. Now it is continuously breaking down.

Thank you! 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @parzick23, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about this issue on audio and sync issue and thanks for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system. Upon checking the speakers are grouped. And it may cause an audio delay. Is it ahead or behind for the sync issue? Kindly check this article on adjusting group audio delay. Try to power cycle or unplug the speakers for 1-2 minutes and replug it back in.

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

Thanks, Simon. Upon further research, I tried to change the channel the SonosNet is connected to, and it seems to have done the trick for now. If this issue pops back up again, I will try your recommendation. I appreciate the help!

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @parzick23, thanks for the update. I’m glad that it worked fine already. If you have any questions or run into any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are always happy to assist you.

The Sonos community is always here to help.