New wifi (same SSID/password) Sonos not connecting

• 22 May 2017
  • 2 replies

Original Setup was
Connect (wired ethernet to the Connect:Amp)
Connect:Amp (wired ethernet to netgear switch)
Play 1 (normally wireless)
Netgear switch (wired ethernet to Verizon FiOS router)
Verizon FiOS router

Switch out Verizon FiOS wifi for Google Wifi

New Setup is
Connect (wired ethernet to the Connect:Amp)
Connect:Amp (wired ethernet to netgear switch)
Play 1 (normally wireless)
Netgear switch (wired ethernet to Verizon FiOS router)
Verizon FiOS router (wifi disabled)
New Google Wifi (same SSID/password as Verizon FiOS router used to be)

Sonos not showing up in the controller app (version 7.2 Build 35339010).

I believe the above represents the boost setup (as the Connect:Amp is wired ethernet) Followed the instructions for moving to a new router at

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1072/kw/new%20wifi

However, I also tried connecting the Play 1 by wired ethernet to the Netgear switch, but that made no difference.

Tried rebooting all Sonos devices, google wifi, netgear switch and Verizon FiOS router, but that didn't help.

Any help much appreciated!

Cheers,

Marc

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Wire the Netgear switch to a LAN port on one of the Google WiFi nodes, instead of to the Verizon box.

The Google WiFi mesh contains its own router. You need all your equipment to be on its LAN side.

(Most WiFi mesh offerings feature a 'bridge mode' which disables the internal router. Google doesn't permit this unless it's operating as a single node i.e. without any meshed satellite units.)
This same solution (provided by Sonos Tech Support on the phone) solved the problem. Thanks!