New Mesh Wifi - Products Not Connecting

• 11 August 2023
  • 4 replies

This is not a question - but just sharing my experience.  I have recently updated my wifi with mesh and the older sonos components wouldnt connect despite numerous factory resets and scratching of head.  Each time I went through the process to add older items - it failed at the last step when it tried to add to the LAN.  

The reason was the mesh system had its own DCHP server hidden in the settings.  Once this was disabled (put into access point mode) I was able to connect.

I had originally put this down to Wifi 6 compatibility 

I hope this helps others

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

The real reason was quite probably that your mobile was still connected to your internet/gateway router’s WiFi while you were trying to connect the Sonos units to the new mesh.

Switching the mesh into access point mode simply stopped the mesh primary node from acting as a router and blocking the traffic from the Sonos controller. 

Had you connected your mobile to the mesh WiFi you shouldn’t have experienced such problems.

Hi Ratty

My mobile was on the mesh 

What make/model of mesh is it? Are the bands split, with different SSIDs? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I never had any bother with my Deco S4 mesh, I just cloned my original SSID and password (then shut down original router wifi).

This was on an S1 system.