Hi, My new ARC when i plug it into the power and wired network, the S2 app says it needs a update. The update does not happen because its in WiFi mode and it storms the network. All other SONOS devices on network are wired.
Is there anyway to set it up as wired before it tries to update ?
Best answer by Corry P
Yes i agree, its not fixed, i just have enabled a work around to force the update to provide some sleep time and less stress.
That’s a good enough reason!
Our network is managed by a local IT company so every change has to be done through them at a cost.
Unfortunately, this may be the only answer. If you do get in touch with them, I recommend you also give them the following info:
- IGMP Snooping: This feature “filters” the network so only information intended for a device is forwarded to that device avoiding Network Flooding especially on networks that either have many devices or move high volumes of information. This should be on.
- STP: Some network devices, mainly switches, use this to calculate and arrange the connections, however, Sonos also has it's own STP setting and they could change the values of each other. You would need to adjust the STP of the network so both STP can work together:
Sonos STP Switch Settings
- Firewall: Configuring your firewall to work with Sonos
- QoS (Quality of service): This can determine how media devices can reach out and could block Sonos. It would need to either be disabled or have no restrictions for Sonos.
- UPnP Multicast needs to be enabled.
- If the speakers need to be whitelisted on the network and you need the MAC Address, you can find the MAC for each Sonos device using the serial number and removing the last character. I.e. Serial number AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF-G, MAC AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF.