Skip to main content
Question

multi sonos set up

• 29 May 2024
  • 3 replies

need multiple help ! I have the following: 2x sonos One, a brand new beam, a boost, a Sonos connect amp and a brand new  pro-ject T1 phono. My idea was I was hoping to connect the 2xOnes and beam together but also connect the 2x Ones to the pro-ject. Struggling with the lot tbh! Seems I cannot connect the Ones I. The new Sonos app, and can only connect the Beam in the new app. Is there any way I can connect them as surround sound? With the pro-Ject I may have just mucked up ! I was thinking it pairs with the One speakers but on receiving it am I right that it is literally just a record deck and has to be wired into an amp and speakers? In which case I can wire it to my connect amp but how do I then connect it to the 2xones? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

To be clear, the Sonos Ones can be used either as individual speakers, or as surround speakers bonded to the Beam. Not both.

I’ve not tried the setup process for surrounds in the new app, I’m afraid I can’t help you there. You may want to call Sonos Support directly to discuss it, but given the issues many are experiencing, the wait time may be longer than usual. 

Once any input is in the Sonos ecosystem, you can the send it, or group the input with any other rooms in that Sonos system. 

Userlevel 2

Thanks for this .. how do you ‘bond them’? I cannot connect the Ones to the new Sonos app and cannot connect the soundbar to the old app, it’s ridiculous really 

also still no idea what I can do about the pro-jeft set up and can see no way to connect the ones to the turntable or connect amp 

thanks 

Here is how to set up surround speakers. 

I’m not sure what you’re referring to when you use the terms ‘old app’ and ‘new app’. Are you talking about S1 and S2, or are you talking about S2 version 16.1 versus version 80.x?

None of the devices you listed have an analog line in, that you could connect the Pro-ject turntable to. You’re going to need a Sonos device that has an analog line in.