Question

multi room Sonos Architectural speakers.

• 8 November 2020
  • 1 reply

I am building a new home and in addition to planning on a Sonos Arc, Sub and Move I have want hard wired Sonos Architectural speakers in a few sperate areas. Can they be independently controlled thru Amp or is it all or nothing with these speakers.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @jgalu.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand you have an inquiry on how will your architectural speakers work. Let me help you out with that.

Using the Sonos Arc, Sub, and 2 in-wall architectural speakers connected to the Sonos Amp would get you a full 5.1.2 surround setup with Atmos. What we need to do is be able to understand the guidelines on how to set up your Sonos Amp as surrounds and be able to successfully connect your in-wall speakers to your Sonos Amp. Once the in-wall architectural speakers have been successfully connected to the Sonos Amp, we can proceed in adding the Sub to your Sonos Arc and adding the Sonos Amp as surrounds.

Once the Sonos Amp has been added as surrounds, it cannot be used separately from the 5.1 home theater set up to play music independently. You have two options to play music in that other room.

1. Either you remove the Sonos Amp as surrounds to be able to play music on it without the Sonos Arc playing music as well.
  2. Or you can connect the speaker to another Sonos Amp to be able to independently play music on it using the Sonos App.

The Sonos Amp does not support split type function such as functioning as surrounds at the same time being able to play music to a speaker connected to it in a different room. Sonos ratio is 1 device is to one music.

I hope this answers your question (if I understand it correctly).

Please let me know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,