Question

moved house.

• 27 October 2020
  • 1 reply

I have recently moved house and tried to set up my play 1 speaker. It says I need to connect to the “Sonos” temp network but when I select this it doesn’t connect to wifi, it goes to 4g. Then because it’s not connected to WiFi I can’t set it up. It says an option is to connect using an ethernet cable so I plugged it in to this. It works fine when plugged in with the cable but then doesn’t work when I remove it from the cable. I want the speaker in a different room which is not close to the router so can’t keep it plugged in and it wasn’t plugged into a router in my old house and worked. How can I set it back up? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Hollyb, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Sorry to know about what’s happening with your Sonos system. About this issue. After you temporarily hardwire the Sonos speaker to the router, kindly check this article about Switch Sonos between a wireless and wired setup. Follow the instructions on Switching to a wireless setup. After that is done, you may remove the temporary hardwire ethernet connection of the Sonos speaker to your router. And check if that will work. You may also check this article about Connect Sonos to a new router or WiFi network for further reference on this issue.

If you have other questions with your Sonos products, feel free to reach out.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.