Answered

Missing Products and Bad Customer Support

• 10 January 2024
  • 1 reply

I have many Sonos products (Base, Amp, Sub, 6 speakers and a Move) on my network that were all working in harmony.

When I wanted to buy a soundbar, I turned again to Sonos. What a mistake!!!!! I bought a Beam with two ERA 100 speakers and followed the instructions, but could not get the speakers to work. So I called Sonos support department and everything got much worse. After being on the phone for over two hours, the support person could not get the speakers to work. Additionally, he told me that I needed to disconnect the Ethernet cable from one of my Sonos products. That was an insurmountable problem since NONE of my Sonos products are connected to Ethernet. The rep demanded that I send him pictures of the different components showing NO Ethernet connected. He essentially insulted me and insinuated that I simply didn’t know what an Ethernet cable is. I run an IT support company and probably know more about networking than he does. In the end he never was able to connect the speakers and I demanded that I receive an RMA for a full refund. Even worse, in the process he caused my Sonos Move to stop working and now is an electronic piece of trash.

I decided to call support again today simply to get my Move to come back to life. This second support person decided that I needed to have my Internet service provider “turn on bridge” since I have two routers running in my home. Strange since my Move and all other Sonos products have been working for years with no problem prior to the first support person making dozens of setting changes. Why would the Move stop working and leave my Sonos family of products when the only changes were made by the first Sonos technician? This makes no sense!

Ultimately, tonight I called my Internet Service Provider and asked them to turn on Bridge. They told me that they didn’t advise this because I would loose many services on all of my TV cable devices by making this change. Ultimately, I decided that none of the Sonos tech people have any idea what they are doing and I’m not willing to break additional products and services with their very bad advice. 

I have sent my Beam and Speakers back to Sonos for a refund and purchased another brand that works fine. Now I either have to put my Move in the trash or find someone that knows what they are doing to help fix it. 

Mt network is a FIOS ONT with a FIOS router. I also have an Apple Time Capsule attached that I back up my Macs to. All of my Sonos products and multiple Apple products are using the Apple Time Capsule with no issues for several years. Other home devices are using the FIOS router. It appears that not turning on Bridge Mode was a good move. FIOS rep told me that Bridge mode would disable On Dead Video, TV guides and other menu options. More bad Sonos advice! At this point, I only want to be able to see and use my Move which doesn’t seem possible.

Curiously, I deleted the Sonos app and reinstalled the IOS app and the Move was on my products list, but when I tried to finish the install that I was instructed to do, the Move was once again gone. Can anybody offer any help?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 11 January 2024, 10:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @olympicref 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

And thank you for taking the time to provide feedback - we value it all, good and bad. Please be assured that this will be looked into.

Looking at your existing support case, it has been escalated and is now in the hands of a level 3 technician - please keep an eye out for communication coming from them soon.

I hope this helps.