Question

Le pairing stereo ONES ne marche plus :(

• 14 October 2020
  • 9 replies

Bonjour, 

J’ai 2 Sonos One dans le salon depuis plusieurs années, configurés en paire stéréo. 

Depuis quelques jours le son ne sort que sur une seule enceinte.

J’ai défait et refait la paire plusieurs fois, le son sort correctement sur les 2 une seule fois juste après le pairing mais ça ne tient pas : la fois suivante seule une enceinte diffuse le son. 

Aussi, l’enceinte qui ne diffuse pas de son garde quand même ses fonctions de commandes tactiles sur la paire (volume et pause). 

Supprimer et réintégrer les enceintes à mon système Sonos ne règle pas le problème. 

Je croise les doigts pour trouver une solution.

Merci de votre aide.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @EloSonosOne.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate your detailed post outlining the issue as well as the step(s) that you did, let me help and try to figure this out.

To better understand, kindly submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app, and reply with the confirmation number.

I'd start by reviewing your system as well as the status of the devices, it will help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

You may also reach out to Sonos French Community for further assistance.

If you have any questions, please feel free to let us know, we’re always here to help.

Hello, 

First of all, thank you very much for your answer! :)

Yesterday we searched a little deeper into the subject by going to see our Sonos Ones in our WiFi network. And surprise: on our 3 speakers at home (2 being in the living room in stereo), 2 were connected to WiFi 2,4 and 1 was connected to WiFi 5. 

We searched in vain how to force the speaker that was on WiFi 5 to switch to 2.4. No way :(

We finally figured out how to completely shut down WiFi 5 at home, and we did reset all the speakers, which could then only connect to the WiFi 2.4.

Fastidious but effective apparently, even if we only have a few hours of hindsight... Let's see if it holds.

If that was the problem, I don't understand why one of the speakers switched to WiFi 5, and if it happens again, how to force it to switch to 2.4.

Could it be the problem? Any thoughts?

Tks for your help

Elodie

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @EloSonosOne.

Thanks for your response and update.

Commonly, this issue can come as a result of wireless interference, an incompatible network configuration, or hardware that does not meet our system requirements.

If it happens again, I suggest the following steps to try and fix the problem:

• You can try to improve first the signal and move the dropped Player that is possibly out of range into the same room as the router/gateway, or first wired Sonos Component.
  • Then try fixing your primary hub/routers 2.4ghz WiFi channel to a non-overlapping channel, like channel 1,6, or 11.
  • Set all the WiFi access points, extenders, hubs, or any adapters to use the exact same SSID, password, and channel as the main hub/router.
  • Set the channel width to 20MHz for the 2.4ghz band. 
  • If using a 5ghz band, ensure the SSID name is different from the 2.4ghz SSID and set its channel width to no more than 40MHz.

If the above advice was followed and the issue persists, please submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app, and reply with the confirmation number, so I can take a look and review your system to see if there’s anything causing this issue.

• I would need to know the router’s make and model to check if we have a known issue with it.
  • If we have extenders or any networking devices, please indicate them too.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out, we’re always here to help.

Hello, 

I am coming back to you because our solution was not complete. We had unplugged all of our Sonos One (3) before re-initializing them all after our WiFi buzzing.

The reinstallation of the 2 Sonos Ones in stereo in the living room seems to have worked. Now it's the Sonos One in the kitchen that we can no longer reconfigure :(

The Sonos app locates it, connects it to the right WiFi (2,4), adds it to a room but the last step never works: "We couldn't link your One to your account." Strange because it's no problem for the other 2 Sonos in the living room.

I reset the speaker several times to start over, but always the same result.

I know the speaker is on the network because I can play music on it directly from Spotify via Airplay/my iPhone.But in the Sonos app it's "unregistered".

I made a diagnostic report: 111551170

Thank you for your help.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @EloSonosOne.

Thanks for your response and effort in submitting the diagnostic.

Upon checking on the diagnostic report, there are a total of 3 Sonos components on your system, 1 Play:5 (Gen2) named as ‘Living Room’ and 2 Play:1s named also as ‘Living Room R and L’. I suggest that you might wish to change one of the room names to avoid confusion and conflict on the system. 

How many Sonos system or household do you have?  I am seeing another household here that has a Sonos Play:1 but it’s not cloud-connected. If that is the missing speaker (Play:1), it has to be set to factory default then add it to the right household.

This article will show you how to reset a Sonos product to its factory settings. This process will delete registration information, content saved to My Sonos, and music services from a Sonos product. NOTE: Resetting all products within your system will permanently delete your system’s data. It cannot be restored.

If the speaker is showing a flashing green light after powering up, you'll need to add it back to your system.

1. Open the Sonos app on your iOS or Android device.
  2. From the Settings tab, tap System > Add Product.
  3. Follow the on-screen prompts to add your product to your system.

Hopefully, that helps but if not, it would be best to reach out to Sonos Support so we can take a closer look at this in real-time.

I suggest our phone team for they have more resources available on their system for advanced troubleshooting, and the tools our agents can use would be very useful in this case, there can be an advantage if they need to remote into the computer/controller to see what's going on.

If you have any questions, please feel free to let us know, we’re always here to help.

Hi, and thank you for your follow up.

Indeed, we have a total of 3 Sonos components on our system. But I am surprised by your details:

1/ Components. We have 3 Sonos One. 

=> No Play:5 for sure

=> For a Play:1… As it has the same design as One, maybe we have a Play:1 thinking we had 3 Sonos One. How can I confirm this?

2/ Rooms. See attached Sonos app screenshot, we have:

• Kicthen (“cuisine”), the one that don’t succeed to liaise with our Sonos account
  • Living Room (“Séjour (G+D)”), with our 2 Sonos in stereo.
  • We don’t have 2 “Living Room”

Could the problem be that we thought we only had Sonos One, but we might have a Play:1? But even so, it can all work together, right? In fact, it's worked very well so far.

How come you don't see the rooms and components as we do in the Sonos app?

I just did a diagnostic again, here it is: 574029606

PS: I really think we do have 3 Sonos One, because every time we re-installed a speaker, the Sonos app found only some Sonos One, nothing else.

About the Sonos One in the kitchen that fails to configure ("We were unable to link your Sonos One to your account."), I reset it again, as described in the article.

The setup still blocks at the same stage: linking to my Sonos account.

Here are the screenshots of the setup. Everything is going well until the step of linking with my account, which does not succeed.

My Sonos app is up to date (last screenshot)

Can you force the linking to my Sonos account? Is there anywhere I can do this linking manually?

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @EloSonosOne.

Thanks for your response and update.

I made a diagnostic report: 111551170

For some reason, this diagnostic is showing different data and it appears to be from a different account.

Upon checking the diagnostic report that you have just recently submitted, it is now showing the 2 Sonos Ones on your system, but we’re still missing one Sonos One speaker.

However, this is a diagnostic that only contains data from a Sonos Controller without connection to your Sonos products, and there’s no data on your system that is populating so I cannot check further. We highly appreciate your time and patience while working through this, but at this point, it would still be best to reach out to Sonos Support so we can take a closer look at this in real-time.

I suggest our phone team for they have more resources available on their system for advanced troubleshooting, and the tools our agents can use would be very useful in this case, there can be an advantage if they need to remote into the computer/controller to see what's going on.