Answered

How to Solve Latency Issues with Connect and Yamaha Receiver with other Sonos Speakers

• 21 April 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi all,

I have a Sonos Connect connected to a new Yamaha receiver (Yamaha TSR 700). I’m having trouble with the settings involved in getting the sound from music coming from Connect+Receiver to align with the sound coming from my other Sonos speakers throughoug the house. 

We think the sound coming from the Play 5, Sonos One, Beam, and Move is ahead of the sound coming out of the Connect + Receiver. Very slightly, but with the more brassy tones it is pretty noticeable. 

I solved this before with an old receiver, but every receiver is different. Hoping this community can help provide some tips on how to solve this. The Yamaha has Scene settings so I can save whatever settings end up working for whole-house listening. 

thanks for the help! 

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 22 April 2021, 04:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Read through this thread and see if any of the solutions can help solve your problem:

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

You may need to turn off the audio processing in the receiver, nothing else I could do with my older Yamaha would speed up the internal audioprocessing delay.

I solved this before with an old receiver, but every receiver is different.

All that may be different in this case is that the receiver mode that solves this may be called something else. Stereo may be called Pure Direct…

Note that in both cases, the solution will leave signals being delivered to only the two front speakers. There is a rare case I seem to remember reading about where it is also delivered in 2.1 mode to the Subwoofer, but usually that also goes silent in this mode.