How to integrate my home’s wiring?

Hi all!

just moved into a new home, and has multiple ceiling/mounted speakers with a section of wall housing all the connections. Trying to figure out if/how I can rig this to be driven via Sonos to integrate with my own Sonos speakers that I’d like to set up elsewhere. 

what is currently in place is:

1. 2 wall mounted speakers in the family room;
  2. 2 ceiling speakers in the living room;
  3. 2 outdoor speakers on the deck.

I attached a photo of the wall where I would need to connect things. Any advice?  I’d like to avoid buying multiple Sonos Amps if possible… but that may be the solution. Thanks in advance!!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

You can wire up to four speakers to one Amp, but each Amp acts as one zone, meaning all speakers wired to a single Amp will play the same content at the same volume. Since you have three different zones (family room, living room, and deck) ideally you want to use three Amps with one Amp powering each zone.

That wall plate looks like it had been supporting a surround system: left-center-right front and left-right surround. Things may have been rearranged at some point. Unfortunately, real estate agents sometimes take offense at ugly wires and simply cut them off. I recommend verifying the wiring before moving too far into this project. Be prepared for surprises, don’t assume anything.