There is a huge barrier, which we cannot avoid when we trying to set up ours new Sonos system with network environment Cisco. For the first time set up you need to receive Broadcast Handshake from Sonos speaker on your mobile device with Sonos app. But the WLC blocks broadcast from the wired side to the wireless device, and "Broadcast Forwarding: Enabled" in "Controller->General" doesn't help. When we are making first-time configuration of Sonos trough the different Wi-Fi (not Cisco WLC) and create new Sonos system it works properly independently which of the wifi networks uses.
There are next components in our system:
- Sonos C100 (Connect:AMP) 192.168.0.38 (34:7e:5c:22:25:b0);
- Cisco WLC AIR-CT2504-K9 (Software release: 126.96.36.199);
- Cisco AP AIR-AP1815I-R-K9 (188.8.131.52);
- Cisco Switch WS-C3750-48P (SW Version 12.2(46)SE);
- Cisco Router 1841 (C1841-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.4(15)T9;
- iPhone SE as a Sonos controller (Software Version 12.4) 192.168.0.105 (A0:D7:95:3B:93:86).